NKT Accountants is committed to respecting our customers' privacy and protecting their personal information from misuse or authorised disclosure and complying with privacy laws. NKT Accountants values its reputation and aims to maintain high ethical standards in the conduct of our business affairs.
NKT Accountants is a Professional Services company, specialising in the business area of Accountancy and provide the following services:
We process personal information to enable us to provide accounting, auditing and related services, to maintain our own accounts and records and to support and manage our employees. Specifically.
- VAT filing
- Management accounts
- Periodic accounts reviews
- Preparation and filing of annual accounts
- Preparation and filing of annual tax returns
- Company secretarial services
- Payroll processing
- Company pension processing
- Profit improvement consultancy
- Personal and business tax planning
- Business start-up advice
- Business disposals
- Business retirement strategies
NKT Accountants employs between 4 and 10 staff.
Organisation Contact Details
Data Controller Details
Name and contact details of the Data Controller
147 All Saints Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 8HH
Company Representative Details
Name and contact details of the Companies Representative
147 All Saints Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 8HH
Data We Collect - Online Services
Any of our websites: www.nktaccountants.co.uk
Email you may send to us:
Depending on which of our services you use we may collect the following information:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Postal Address
- Business Name
- Services you are interested in
When, Why and How we gain Consent (Legal Basis)
We will not collect any information about you without your explicit consent:
We will ask your consent every time we need to collect personal information about you.
We will explain in a clear simple terms why we want to collect your information and what we will do with it before seeking your consent so you are fully informed and you will be given a clear and unambiguous option to opt in to any communications or services we might want to offer you.
Why we Collect Personal Data
We collect information about you to manage your account.
We may collect and analyse information for the purpose of providing personalised products.
We may use it to notify you about things you’ve told us you like.
We also use it for business, regulatory and legal purposes, like:
- Dealing with any requests you make or content you submit
- Getting in touch if we need to tell you about something, like a change to our policies or issues with a service
Who Processes the Data We Collect (Who are the recipients of your data)
We will store and process your data following industry best practice and security.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that there are appropriate arrangements in place that includes provisions covering the appropriate secure transfer, handling and processing of the personal information by those entities and third parties.
Some of that processing takes place at NKT Accountants in Newmarket in UK.
Some of the processing may take place outside of the UK but within the EEA and covered by GDPR.
Where processing takes place by one of our trusted data processors, we ensure that our contracts with those 3rd parties contain the appropriate GDPR model clauses and that all our 3rd parties are also compliant with the GDPR, this affords your data the same protection away from our organisation, as it does within it.
Where we might send your personal data (Geographically)
We process data within the EEA and countries deemed by the European Union as having adequate safeguards for protecting personal data. These countries are recognised by the EU as having suitable safeguards for the rights and freedoms of individuals and recourse processes by which data subjects can exercise their rights.
We will only consider transferring your data outside of the EU if the following conditions are met:
A transfer, or set of transfers, may be made where the transfer is:
- made with your explicit informed consent;
- necessary for the performance of a contract between the you and this organisation or for pre-contractual steps we need to take at your request;
- necessary for the performance of a contract made in your interest between this organisation and another person;
- necessary for important reasons of public interest;
- necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- necessary to protect your vital interests or those of other persons, where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
- made from a register which under UK or EU law is intended to provide information to the public (and which is open to consultation by either the public in general or those able to show a legitimate interest in inspecting the register).
How long do we keep your data
The data referenced above in section - Data We collect:
- Is kept in our active file for 6 months
- After 6 months it is move to a dormant state
- After 12 months is deleted from our systems
We use Active records for some or all of the activities detailed in the section above - Why We Collect Personal Data.
If we have recorded no positive activity from you after 6 months your record will become dormant.
If there is no positive activity from you within 12 months we will delete your records.
Positive activity means that you open, read, interact with either the website or through any of the communication methods we use to contact you.
It is our responsibility to be able to demonstrate this positive activity and if we cannot then your details will become dormant and eventually be deleted.
We may from time to time request that you create an affirmative action vie email or our website to keep your record active, if we are unable to determine it automatically.
Your Rights as an Individual in Respect of the Data We hold
We respect the rights and freedoms of individuals and as such we would like to make you aware of the following.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your data
- Request rectification of your data where there are errors or inaccuracies or the data is not current
- Request that the data we hold is removed entirely from our systems
- Request us to restrict processing of your data
- Object to our processing of your data
- Request your data in a format that is commonly used/accepted
- Send your data to another controller
- Withdraw consent already provided - at any time
You also have the right to complain to this organisation.
To exercise your rights above please contact any of the Data Protection Officer, Data Controller or Company representative via any of the channels provided.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In this instance the ICO and their contact details are as follows:
https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/ or call the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
Quick Links for exercising your rights
DPO email address:
DPO phone number:
Controller email address:
Controller phone number:
Representative email address:
Representative phone number:
Data Sources - where did you get my data
Any and all data in respect of - Data We Collect, is collected directly from you, the individual.
We do not collect any of your personal data from any other sources. This included any publicly accessible list and or data sources, whether in the public domain or if we have a legitimate interest to be able to access those sources legally.
Do we have a statutory or legal right to hold this data
We have no statutory or legal right to hold the data you have provided , and detailed in respect of - Data We Collect.
We rely on consent to collect and store this data, and uphold all of the individuals rights and freedoms with respect personal data given by consent.
See section - Your Rights as an Individual in Respect of the Data We hold.
Automated Decision Making, Profiling, and what that means for you
Any and all data in respect of - Data We Collect, is not subject to any automated decision making.
We do not profile you using your data, any actions taken by us or our systems are as a direct result of explicit requests or consents you have chosen.
There are no foreseeable consequences of any significance in respect of providing the data or being removed from the records, except that we will not be able to contact you.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked.
If you continue without changing your settings, you are agreeing to our use of all cookies on the NKT Accountants website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
This policy was last updated May 2018.